What is a Kinetic Email?
A kinetic email is a type of interactive email format that features a highly engaging interface that can provide a comparable website experience. For various businesses, a kinetic email display can provide more than just engaging content, but rather create and enhance the customer experience within the framework of an email. With the use of CSS3 and HTML5, marketers can provide a more in-depth email experience that brings additional purpose behind interactive elements that surround their products and services. In addition, depending on the objective of the email marketer, a kinetic email format can serve to essentially eliminate a step for customers by including an interactive shopping experience within the email.
Why Use Kinetic Emails?
Kinetic emails utilize a high level of visual, interactive, and animated elements that serve to not only engage but entertain readers through their email applications and browsers. This level of high-impact content can create a stronger and lasting impression for customers, yielding better results and responses for email campaigns. Kinetic emails allow for readers to actively click-through and connect with the presented content which develops a higher perceived value for the target audience. In return, this positive impression left on readers can promise continued results and more importantly, conversions.
Benefits of Kinetic Emails?
- Supported by Email Providers: The kinetic email format is supported by nearly every major email service provider. As such, there is no limit or qualification when creating email campaigns of this nature to the target audience. In addition, this format is adaptable to various mobile devices as well as desktops.
- Interactive Shopping: For businesses selling products, a kinetic email format may be the best method in designing an effective email campaign. For example, with the use of a slide-through carousel, readers can check to see the various products available and begin to add to their shopping cart. Once the reader has indicated the products within the email, an interactive call to action button can complete the step by taking the customer directly to the checkout page to fully complete their purchase.
- Enhanced Click-Rate: There are endless ways that email marketers can design kinetic emails layouts, however, if the campaigns involve interactive content this can produce an increased click-rate. Whether the interactive content is presented as games, shopping or entertainment, readers will be inclined to respond and click through the content naturally.
Types of Kinetic Emails
- Slide-Through Carousel: As mentioned in the example above, a slide-through carousel can be ideal for businesses pushing various products. In addition to featuring a selection of products, this feature can also work with products that allow readers to click through and select options of colors as well.
- Games and Puzzles: A large part of kinetic emails is to keep the readers entertained in hopes that they will complete designated call to actions. A great method of utilizing the flashy features of kinetic email formats is through games and puzzles. Marketers can develop animated activities that include brand slogans or products names to increasingly build product familiarity. Using interactive elements, such as hover animation, is a great feature to engage readers.