As I sit here, sipping a warm coffee and admiring the snow outside my window, it occurs to me that there are 9 days left in 2022.
For some of you, 2022 was a great year. For many of us around the world, however, it was a tough one. But despite all the challenges we’ve faced this year, the human race has stayed positive, we’ve been kind to each other, worked hard, and constantly tried to grow through our experiences.
To all of you out there reading this, we wanted to say: You are doing awesome. You are strong, unwavering in the face of adversity, and laser focused! You rocked 2022, and all of us here at Dyspatch can’t wait to see what you’re going to get up to in 2023.
Now let’s wrap this year up in classic tech startup style, with a ‘year in review’. Whaddya say?
Oh and before we dive in:
A look at our holiday hours and closures
Dyspatch will be closed from Friday December 23rd – Monday January 2nd. We will re-open for business on Tuesday January 3rd. The majority of our teams will be off, but our support and services teams will be available to help customers during normal business hours. So feel free to reach out and we’ll get back to you!
How we improved Dyspatch for our customers this year
The Big One: Block Designer!
One of the most powerful facets of the Dyspatch email creation platform is the ability to drag-and-drop blocks to design your email. This functionality makes building an email without coding experience a breeze.
But while we were—for the most part—a codeless experience, there was always one aspect of Dyspatch that required some email coding knowledge: building custom blocks.
That is, we’re very proud to say, no longer the case.
Introducing: Block Designer, which empowers you to 🔨 design your own custom blocks 🔨 in Dyspatch through the visual editor!
But wait, there’s more!
Email Sending Platform Integrations:
In 2022 we added SEVEN new one-click integrations which empower Dyspatch customers to sync their created emails to various ESPs for sending! These integrations include:
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- See a full list of our ESP integrations
Apart from our ESP integrations, we also added a couple of other powerful integrations, which enable you to streamline localization, and pipe your AMP email data to any tool in your tech stack! Those integrations are:
- Phrase for localizations
- Zapier for AMP data integration
Apps in Email:
One of the most popular features of Dyspatch is the ability to build and ship AMP-powered interactive inbox experiences. Imagine an app and an email had a baby. Well in 2022 we released six new AMP Apps in Email, including:
- Poll in Email: New interactive poll directly in email
- SimplyBook.me: Interactive AMP-powered calendar booking app
- NPS in Email: Interactive NPS surveys in the inbox
- EasyPost: Interactive and live parcel tracking for email
- Review in Email: Collect product reviews and feedback through email
- Survey Builder: Build interactive surveys and forms directly into emails
- See a full list of our Apps in Email
Aside from all the great releases mentioned above, we also shipped a veritable TON of product enhancements and new features this year! Things like:
- New role-based permissions (+ custom roles for Enterprise customers)
- Easily target mobile or desktop resolutions with DML
- More design flexibility with editable style elements
- Ability to assign blocks to different themes
- Button styling on the theme level
- Downloadable PO files for localization
- Download email in PDF format
- Autocomplete variables in the rich text editor (just type /)
- Ability to copy/paste from docs and keep your links and formatting
- Tons of DML enhancements, like:
- DML Documentation
- Dys-row background colors
- Dys-style in blocks
- Dys-buttons letter spacing
- Dys-img enhancements
- Much more!
- For a full list of releases in 2022, check out our release notes
Aside from product enhancements, Dyspatch had a busy and exciting year. Let’s take a look at…
What else we got up to in 2022
As we ramp up efforts to champion thought leadership around email marketing, we partnered with some top brands to host a number of educational webinars, including:
- 5 Ways to Skyrocket Email Engagement in 2022 — Zero Bounce
- Scale Your Email Marketing Strategy for Maximum ROI — Oracle & Really Good Emails
- 3 Interactive Apps to Win at Email in Healthcare
- The Importance of Multilingual Email Marketing & Localization — Smartling
- 10 Next Level Email Techniques to Increase Engagement
- How to Create Interactive Emails and Land Them to the Inboxes — Folderly
For those of you who aren’t using Dyspatch to build incredible emails yet, we still want you to have access to powerful email templates. That’s why we launched two new email template bundles that you can download and import into your ESP. These bundles each contain 3 complete sets of templates that speak to a variety of brands and use-cases.
From interviews with leading experts, to forward-thinking trends, to unique AMP projects, our blog covered a lot of ground in 2022. Here’s a sampling of our top articles of the year:
- Expert Email Marketing Advice from Chad S. White
- AMP for Email: Making a Blackjack Game for the Inbox
- 5 Biggest 2023 Email Marketing Trends to Start Right Now
- How to Animate your Gmail / Google Workspace Profile Picture
- Device Testing for Emails: How To Do it Right!
- What is Email Localization?
Have you heard of our product shorts? They’re short videos that showcase functionality within Dyspatch, be it new features or best practices for existing features, our product shorts cover a lot of ground. Here are a few of the popular ones we released in 2022:
- How To Use The Smartling Integration in Dyspatch
- Top 5 Email Clients You Should Preview and Why
- What is AMP (for email?)
- Localizing Emails with Dyspatch
- Dyspatch Block Designer
What’s to come in 2023?
Another big important aspect of 2022 at Dyspatch was our new “Product Jam” session. Product Jam is a weekly, company-wide meeting at Dyspatch, where engineering teams gather to learn about customer pain points, and prioritize feature requests to get built out.
While we’ve only had one quarter with Product Jam thus far, it has created a tremendous amount of momentum with respect to supercharging the Dyspatch platform. That momentum is not going to stop! We already have a number of exciting updates on the roadmap for product Jam 2023, including (but not limited to):
- A ton of DML updates
- New localization partners
- Approval workflow enhancements
- Upgrades to role-based permissions
- New starter themes
And lots more! It’s safe to say that there was no shortage of product enhancements in 2022, and we’re projecting far more releases in 2023. It’s a very good time to be a Dyspatch customer.
We’ll also be kicking off the new year with an awesome new ebook — co-authored by us and our friends at Smartling — that deep dives into how you can localize and translate all of your marketing materials, from emails to websites to video subtitles and more.
That’s going to be a juicy piece of content, so keep an eye out!
Not already familiar with how Dyspatch works and how it can improve your email marketing workflows? Why not schedule a quick demo with our sales team?
From all of us at Dyspatch, we wanted to thank you for all of your support and patronage over the years. We are eternally grateful to you, and we wish you a very happy holiday season, and a wonderful start to your new year.
Onwards and upwards, email geeks!