What is a Video in Email?
Featuring a video within an email campaign is a strong gesture in creating interaction and increasing brand awareness to target audiences. Based on the objective of the brand or company, adding a video can visually display information about the product, service, or opportunity that users can receive. This eliminates the need to send users to click an additional link in order to view the videos which can increase viewership, engagement, and response.
Why Have Video in Email?
Adding a video component can significantly increase conversions for businesses seeking to turn their target audiences into customers. With this advantage, email marketers can creatively assess how they can present this content into any email campaign. In addition, many email clients are able to support the display of videos in emails which signifies that a company’s target audience should be able to open and engage with a video delivered to their inbox.
Benefits of Video in Email
- Increases Return on Investment (ROI): With businesses investing in higher quality and engaging email campaigns, readers are more likely to respond and engage with a company’s campaign. This can result in users responding to a call-to-action associated with the video or clicking through to visit the website. With a promise of stronger engagement, company’s can expect to see a return on their visual investment.
- Increases Web Traffic: Videos in emails marketing can result in increased web traffic to a company’s website. With a potential of strong engagement and interaction from users, web traffic can widely increase as users click through the presented content leading them to a brand’s website. An additional bonus to this benefit is that increased web traffic can also result in stronger brand awareness and boost search results.
- Set’s Brands Apart: An additional benefit to having videos in emails is the potential to stand out of from the crowd. Including unique or related videos within email campaigns can separate a company’s approach from the rest of a user’s inbox. Companies must compete with each other to gain the attention and engagement from their target audience and featuring videos in emails can be a strong impression in doing so.
Types of Video Content Presented in Emails
- Embedded Video Clips: Marketers have the option of including videos featured on their website, or other online and social media platforms, directly in the body of the email. If the content presented in the email directly connects to a video in its entirety then marketers can make this available in their email campaigns.
- GIFS: Instead of featuring a full video, marketers may want to include a short and more concise form of video, such as a graphic interchange format or GIF where a single clip is created to continuously loop without audio. This is a great type of video as it encourages engagement, generates relevancy, and is made easier for users to load and view.