What is Dynamic Content?
Dynamic content are features displayed on a web page or email that reflect personalized data from a user’s previous website interactions or a user’s in-session behavior. This content essentially provides a custom experience that can create relevancy for the target customer as they engage with a business’s web page or email campaign. In addition, for websites or email campaigns that need to feature a live feed of data or information, dynamic content can allow for a constant live stream. Senders can achieve dynamic content in emails with AMP for Email.
Why Use Dynamic Content?
Dynamic content is an efficient method to create interactive content using key insights about visitors and the target audience. Using a piece of information as small as a user’s location can trigger relevant content to be presented to visitors living in or around that specified area. In turn, this can generate higher levels of engagement among users creating stronger customer relationships.
What Are the Features of Dynamic Content
There are various ways and methods to include dynamic content on a webpage or an email campaign. Below are some common ways that these elements can be featured.
- In-Session Behavior: This is a realtime feature that provides relevant content working off a user’s current session on a web page’s interface. If, for example, a user is selecting certain products in an online store, the site can use that data to understand the user’s preferences. This information can then help to build a selection of other products that the user would be interested in purchasing.
- User Data: This feature works with data gathered based on a user’s engagement history and interaction with the web page or email. This is an ideal tool to segment the target audience by providing content that accommodates the user’s existing interests and behavior.
- User Characteristics: Another great feature of dynamic content is segmenting users based on demographics. Using these identifiers is a strong method of generating relevancy among users and visitors. This is also an efficient method of targeting as these demographic-based features can occur simultaneously among the various visitors.
Benefits of Dynamic Content:
- Relevancy: A large benefit to dynamic content is generating a sense of relevancy among users. Keeping users engaged is a difficult task and increasing conversions is another daunting objective. However, dynamic content is designed to assess the user’s preference and needs and address them using vital data.
- Personalized Content: At the core of dynamic content is the ability to create personalized web pages and email campaigns. Users will be able to assess the content feeling as though it resonates with their particular taste. Ultimately, a level of trust can begin to form between the business’s brand and audience. In comparison, web pages that don’t include a personalized experience may encounter higher bounce rates.
- Recommendations: The competition for the attention of users continues to grow which is why e-commerce and entertainment websites rely heavily on user data to build content around recommendations. Modeling after popular video streaming services, a recommendation feature is a great way to build rapport with a target audience and potential customers.